Gamercard

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Increased Shitcapades

So I haven't posted in a while. Partly because there hasn't been much to talk about lately, but mostly because I am lazy and don't feel like staying at work any longer than I have to to write a post. Today is your lucky day though.

So the NHL Trade deadline came and went and not much happened in regards to my post below. Sundin and the rest of the "Frozen Five" refused to waive their no trade clauses and remain in Toronto. For some reason I wasn't as mad as I thought I would be. I think it has to do with the fact that them winning has placated me a little. In addition to the Leafs playing well, Sundin is shooting the fucking lights out. Where was this game the rest of the season. The upped game by Sundin has meant fans are even happier that he stayed or even more pissed. With him on fire, it means that he still has considerable talent left in him, meaning considerable talent and/or draft picks could have been acquired for him.

Others believe the resurence means the Leafs have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs or the very least 9th. To be honest I also had some hope return when they were only 5 pts back. But now I see that there are too few games left in the season. The Leafs will continue this pace for the rest of the season but will just fall short. Another long summer is in the works and with it a complete overhaul of the team. Sundin is going to retire and at least 3 of the other 4 are going to gone. I see McCabe and Kubina as the two most likely to go and it is a toss up between Kaberle and Tucker for the other coveted spot. Regardless the Leafs are going to be a much younger and less talented team next year and for some years to come. That is how I see it playing out. (Although I am notoriously wrong on about 95% of my predictions).

1 comment:

Nazi Synthesizer said...

Haha. I hope the Leafs keep going the way they always do. Get 9th. Middle of the road. Miss the playoffs, get a mid-range pick. I love it. Just the worst position to be in for a team or fan. And the Leafs do it consistently. At least the Isles manage to get some playoff ticket sales out of it. Usually around 4 games, but still. More than the Leafs can say.

Also, the Leafs can't draft for shit. So, even having a mid-range pick becomes useless for them...while teams like Detroit have 2 star players picked in the late rounds.

Remember Brandon Convery? Dynamite.