Gamercard

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Grab Bag

So the poll results are in. It appears we have a split decision in the crowd regarding Stella and whether or not it tastes like shit. I say split decision because the extra yes vote is mine, since you were able to choose more than one answer, I selected yes twice. I just trying to figure out who the extra person is since I am guessing the voting went like this: Jordan, Lindsey and I were Yes and Stephen and Riley were NO. Now I don't know who the extra person is, unless someone voted yes and no.

As for the other vote, it is unanimous: Brewers change the taste of beers to suit local tastes. I once again provided the extra Yes vote at the bottom. So now I am looking for two extra people because I don't think Riley voted at all. If he did then he is a fucking hypocrite.

Next topic....

Glory Glory Man United!!!
That game was scary, but count on Scholes to carry the day. That goal brought back memories of his old form, and FIFA 2004 when he scored every game I played. That was an amazing shot, after an even more amazing play by Zambrotta. This sets up a real doozy of a Champions League final. First off its the first all-English final ever. That in itself is awesome. But its the teams involved that will make it special. If Liverpool triumph's today, then it will set up one of the greatest rivalries in all of football for a no holds-barred Final in Moscow. These two teams historically hate each other, and the fans more so. Could get ugly in the streets of Moscow.

But if Chelsea wins, it will be just as spectacular. ManU and Chelsea are neck and neck in the Premiership, though ManU holds the advantage on goal differential. A ManU/Chelsea final will give both teams the opportunity to go for the double Chelsea now has a legitimate shot at robbing ManU of any hardware this season when only a couple of weeks ago it looked as if all ManU had to do was show up and it would capture the double. I'm still calling on ManU to take the Premiership and Champions League although there are in tough. Chelsea has the psychological advantage after beating ManU last weekend. You can't ask for a better finish to the season.

Next Topic....

Many people predicted a San Jose and Montreal final for the Stanley Cup before the playoffs started. Now it looks more like it will be a Pittsburgh/Detroit final. In the West, San Jose and Colorado are done. It is virtually impossible to come back from 3-0. In the West Final Detroit will beat Dallas in 6. Detroit has more speed and skill, though I think Dallas has the advantage in goal.

As for the East, Pittsburgh will be through to the East Finals against....I don't know who. Montreal is only down 2-1 to Philly but Philly looks to be in control. Carey Price had a phenomenal first round but has cooled off tremendously. He will pick it up though. That game will go to the 7th game and I believe Philly will take it simply because they will work harder than Montreal. That and Philly finally has a decent goalie in Biron, well for these playoffs at least.

In the Final I see Detroit beating Philly in 6 to take the cup.

Next Topic....

Sean Avery is out for the season with a lacerated spleen. Not sure how it happened. As much as I dislike the guy, I don't want him dead. But still, HAHAHA. Now take as much time off as you need you big baby. I just wish Laraque would have beaten the shit out of him to take him down a peg.

Next Topic....

If team Ukraine, AKA Riley's team, makes it to the World Cup Finals on Saturday I expect a few things: 1. We are going. 2. We are going pissed. 3. We are going dressed up. (We being, well you know who you are). If Ukraine doesn't make it I think we should still go because it will be a good game. If not then we should at least get hammered. I've been hankering for a binge for a while.

I think that's it for now. Send your questions, comments, queries or concerns to the comments section.

10 comments:

Frank said...

Riley didn't vote in that Stella poll because I voted "No" 3 times. Once at work, once on desktop, once on laptop.

Nazi Synthesizer said...

Haha. Fag.

Way to make predictions when the series are pretty much over. You're the Nostradamus of the obvious.

Big baby? Like you said...you don't want him dead...so you acknowledge its serious...then you go on to say he's a baby. What the fuck?

World Cup? WCP Cup. Just thought I'd point that out. I probably work, so I doubt I could go if his team is in it. Also...don't tell us what to do. Dude has a fucking itinerary for us already.

Frank said...

When are you coming back Marc?

Inbred Nation said...

This guy cannot afford to drink until he gets some fuckin' money. And I'm not dressing up in Ukraine bullshit for anything...I'd rather go naked.

Nazi Synthesizer said...

I'd rather you go naked too.

WallyMS said...

I wasn't making predictions, I was just making observations. So fuck you.

So Chelsea won on Wednesday. That was an awesome game in itself, but now sets up a tense next two weeks in the Premiership. But all United has to do is win twice against mediocre teams, so it shouldn't be that difficult. The Champions League Final is going to amazing though.

I'm coming back tomorrow.

Come on fuck, its one game. I sure it won't kill you to dress up. Just wear some blue and yellow, pretend you are going to a O'Neill game. Plus I'm sure you could find some money somewhere. Just pull some tricks downtown and you'll be set.

Clock Cleaner said...

I'm back, bitches.

Nazi Synthesizer said...

You never dressed up for an O'Neill game, hypocrite. I'm sure most of us didn't either...so ya.

Anonymous said...

MAKE A NEW POST U USELESS TWAT

Clock Cleaner said...

Anyone who seriously believes that they alter the taste of the same beer in different places is an idiot. Like honestly, I don't think I can be friends with anyone who thinks like that. It's preposterous, and I'll explain it if I have to.